JISSN focuses on the acute and chronic effects of sports nutrition and supplementation strategies on body composition, physical performance and metabolism.
- Jose Antonio PhD, NOVA Southeastern University
- Richard Kreider PhD, Texas A&M University
- Douglas Kalman PhD RD, Miami Research Associates
- Shawn Arent PhD, Rutgers University
- Bill Campbell PhD, University of South Florida
- Mike Greenwood PhD, Texas A&M University
- Ralf Jäger PhD, Increnovo LLC
- Abbie Smith-Ryan PhD, University of North Carolina
- Lem Taylor PhD, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
- Colin Wilborn PhD, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
- Jacob Wilson PhD, University of Tampa
Society affiliationsThe official journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition
Creatine supplementation has been shown to be the most effective ergogenic aid in the history of sports nutrition. This manuscript provides evidence that it can help world-class soccer players.
At weeks 1, 8, and 12, ATP supplementation (400 mg/d) significantly increased blood flow, along with significant elevations in brachial dilation.
Think bodybuilding training is all hype? Check out the latest science.
Subjects consumed 4.4 g/kg/d of protein for eight weeks with no change in body fat, weight or LBM.
Beta-alanine is an ergogenic aid that has been shown to be quite effective.
ISSN Position Stands
The ISSN position stands are available here.
"The area of sports nutrition and supplementation is perhaps the most rapidly expanding field of study in the exercise sciences. JISSN is the only peer-reviewed scientific journal that focuses on this particular category. While other journals dilute their brand message, rest assured that the International Society of Sports Nutrition and its journal, JISSN, will keep a laser-like focus on this exciting and robust area of research. If you love sports nutrition, then you'll enjoy our journal."
Dr. Jose Antonio, Editor-in-Chief, JISSN
Events organized by the International Society of Sports Nutrition:
January 25, 2014
April 11, 2014
May 9, 2014
June 20-21, 2014
JISSN on Facebook
Become a fan of the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition on Facebook and keep up to date with the latest developments and discussions.