JISSN focuses on the acute and chronic effects of sports nutrition and supplementation strategies on body composition, physical performance and metabolism.
JISSN is aimed at researchers and sport enthusiasts focused on delivering knowledge on exercise and nutrition on health, disease, rehabilitation, training, and performance. The journal provides a platform on which readers can determine nutritional strategies that may enhance exercise and/or training adaptations leading to improved health and performance.
- Jose Antonio PhD, NOVA Southeastern University
- Richard Kreider PhD, Texas A&M University
- Douglas Kalman PhD RD, Miami Research Associates
Society affiliationsThe official journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition
More evidence to show that creatine is safe.
Learn the ins and outs of HMB. Another interesting performance enhancer.
A systematic review on energy drinks, from the International Society of Sports Nutrition.
- View more articles
"The area of sports nutrition and supplementation is perhaps the most rapidly expanding field of study in the exercise sciences. JISSN is the only peer-reviewed scientific journal that focuses on this particular category. While other journals dilute their brand message, rest assured that the International Society of Sports Nutrition and its journal, JISSN, will keep a laser-like focus on this exciting and robust area of research. If you love sports nutrition, then you'll enjoy our journal."
Dr. Jose Antonio, Editor-in-Chief, JISSN
- Dietary Advice On Added Sugar Is Damaging Our Health, Warns Heart Expert http://t.co/aR8so30zOm via @mnt_nutrition #ISSN about 17 hours ago
- Fish oil supplements may help fight against type 2 diabetes: http://t.co/Ts70S46B9A about 17 hours ago
- Peanuts, calories, and why energy density is a ‘dangerous concept’ gaining http://t.co/46kcz41ARj via @FoodNavigatorUS 12:23 AM yesterday
JISSN on Facebook
Become a fan of the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition on Facebook and keep up to date with the latest developments and discussions.
International Society of Sports Nutrition position stands
Published: 22 January 2013
Last updated: 2 February 2013